Jul 21, 2008

OH MY THIGHS

Here it is people, the weekly weigh-in:

151.0

crap.

I gained 4.8 pounds in 10 days. That's a gain of almost 1/2 a pound a day. That's disgusting.

It's gotta stop and it is going to. I left for vacation with high expectations of eating well with occasional desserts and exercising every day. What I actually did was eat horribly, in fact most of the food I ingested was of the dessert type, and I never exercised at all. I did walk down the beach once but it was a very slow walk, so it doesn't really count.

I jumped back on the weight loss band wagon yesterday and I feel so much better. I don't know why it is so hard for me to remember how crappy I feel when I am not being healthy and how good I feel when I am being healthy but it is.

I am so glad that we do not on a regular basis buy any type of junk for the house. It is very difficult for me to have self-control if it is right there. I found myself eating way too many times to mention just because there was food in front of me. Yuck. I think it's important to know your limitations and what you can handle. Instead of saying, "I should have self-control when there is a box of cookies in the house," I recognize that I don't have that self-control, I will devour the entire thing along with a gallon of milk, so I do not bring it into my house. :) I have to be realistic about what I can do right now, not how I wish I was. Work with what you've got!

Good luck to any who are joining me on losing weight! Make good choices and when you don't, MOVE ON!

No comments: