Jul 30, 2008
Jul 29, 2008
Jul 27, 2008
that's right folks, we head over to Rural King. they have free popcorn.
so we go.
I love free popcorn.
happy sausage making!
We love you Carson and are so excited that you have joined our family!
We went "crabbing" one night. We went to the beach after dark and walked around with flashlights looking for crabs. The sand is white and so are the crabs so it was like looking for their shadows to move. Sometimes all you would be able to see was their black eyes looking at you. It freaked me out but was very fun. We started out by only finding little crabs about the size of a 50 cent piece but ended up finding some as big as dinner plates! The boys would chase them and either catch them with their hands or with nets. They put them in a bucket. Eventually the big ones started to fight each other so we let them go. I wish I had gotten a picture of the bucket full of crabs fighting!
I have only been to the ocean once before, when I was eight, and I don't remember it. I was a little freaked out to get in the ocean now because I know what kind of things live out there and are swimming around. I finally was brave and got in. It was fun! I had to focus really hard to not think about all the things that were possibly swimming around me. They have jelly fish but I never saw one. We did see dolphins 2 different times. The first time we could just see their fins and occasionally one would pop up enough that we could tell it was a dolphin. The second time, one jumped out of the water and did a flip! It was amazing! Again, no picture. Sorry!
I also went what we call body surfing. Here's a pic of my great-nephew Stone holding a board.You go out a little bit in the ocean wait for a wave and then lay on your board and let it carry you to shore. It doesn't sound that amazing, but it is so fun! My sister-in-law Lorrie took some pics of me doing it, so I'll put those pics up when I get them.
We went to a restaurant called Lambert's. They have the most amazing food. They are known as being the place that throws rolls. Whenever the rolls are done cooking they wheel them out and throw them to whoever wants one. They are the best rolls ever!
They also like to play jokes on their customers. They walk around with pots full of side dishes and offer them to everyone. Occasionally they will pull something like a raccoon out and throw it on your plate. They did that to me and I squealed. They will also walk out with pitcher full of soda to give you a refill and then trip. You think they are spilling it on you, but it's fake! They also did this to me and again I squealed. Here's the whole group at Lambert's.left side, front to back - Pauly, me, Ron, Lorrie; right side, front to back- Brad, Tisha, Blaize, Stone, Joe, Rhonda
That's about it for "cool" things we did during vacation. There was a ton of food, lots of napping, reading, cross-stitching, movie watching and beach sitting. It was fabulous!
Jul 22, 2008
1. My favorite color is green, especially bright/shiny green!
2. My dream vacation would take me to Germany, Switzerland & Russia.
3. I love the ocean and I have been at least 50+ times since birth.
4. I was once in Guadalajara, Mexico for 4 days....and I can assure you it will be my last trip there!!!
5. I love Hockey but I can't skate to save my life!
6. We don't own a TV....by choice.
7. I love to read!
8. My two favorite Halloween costumes were the year I dressed up as Frankenstein and the year I was a Pittsburgh Steelers football player.
9. I have a strange fascination with Pirates.
10. I'm a big Civil War buff.
11. I'm constantly flip-flopping between wanting to live here and wanting to move back to Utah.
12. I'm probably the worlds biggest Pittsburgh Pirates/Steelers fan that doesn't live in Pittsburgh.
13. I'm very frugal and I like it that way. I want zero debt!
14. I self diagnosed myself with a touch of ADD and OCD.
15. I lost my Dad to lung cancer on 03/16/2002.
16. I've been on two Cruises and they were awesome! I love being out at sea!
17. Cheesy Chex Mix is one of my favorite snacks.
18. I once paid $2,800.00 for a single 1933 baseball card in an auction. My Dad said I was crazy! And I sold it 7 months later for $3,400.00!
19. I'm 34 and I've never changed a diaper. And yes, I'm sure that will change in the next year or two.
20. My first car was a restored 1968 Dodge Charger. I wish I still had her.
21. I've been to 31 states.
22. I like anything with peanut butter or that's peanut butter flavored.
23. I am CRAZY about Christmas and so is my family! Two of my sisters started shopping in January '08 for Christmas '08! I'm probably the only adult male on the planet who gets a rush out of going to Hobby Lobby in July to look at the new Christmas decorations there putting out!
24. I'm fascinated with Baseball history especially circa 1890-1910.
25. I love Disney World and I've probably been there 20 times. When I was a little boy I used to say "I want to go to Mickey Mouse House".
26. My two favorite rides at Disney World are the classics, Pirates of the Caribbean and The Haunted Mansion.
27. The humidity in Kentucky is terrible! As Reese would say "I can't breath this air, I'm not a fish!".
28. I love Cholula brand hot sauce and I can eat it on just about everything.
29. McDonald's is the worst fast food restaurant in the world.
30. I think Tim Burton is a genius! I love his movies!
31. I never went to college. I think about it all the time and it's by far my biggest regret. If I had to do it all over again I would ether have went to college or the Navy right out of high school.
32. I NEVER used to wear flip flops until Reese talked me into buying a pair before our honeymoon. Now, I don't know how I could live without them!
33. I'd be happy to live in Pittsburgh. I can't explain why, but I feel so "at home" in that city.
34. I'm sure I was an unexpected child! I'm the youngest of 7 kids and my Mom & Dad were 42 & 48 when I was born. My closest sibling is 10 years older than me.
35. To me, one of the most relaxing places to be is at the ballpark on a sunny afternoon.
36. I've always liked Volkswagen's. I'm not a big fan of the Beetle but there sedans are nice!
37. I used to drive Demolition Derby cars for about 10 years, starting when I was 15. I have boxes of trophies to prove it.
38. The only 5k I was ever in I got a 1st place trophy for my age group. That was a long time ago and I really need to get back into shape.
39. When I was younger I ALWAYS respected my parents. But with that being said, to say I was mischievous would be a huge understatement!
40. I like anything Lemon flavored.
41. I can't stand reality TV, especially American Idol! Blah!
42. I always said that when I die I want bagpipes played at my funeral. I don't know why, I just do.
43. One day I would really like to have a Library in our house.
44. I wish we had a dog......but I'll settle for an aquarium.
45. My favorite color on a car is black. And that goes for any make or model. At one time me, my Mom & Dad and four of my siblings all had black cars, it looked like the Mafia was gathering for Christmas!
46. Growing up my Dad always set off tons of big fireworks every 4th of July. I still love fireworks but now I can't seem to bring myself to spend the money on something that I'm just going to burn up!
47. When I was around 5-6 years old I had a yellow Lab named what else, Yeller. .......he got hit by a semi!
48. I prefer to cook on a charcoal grill as opposed to a gas grill for flavor, but for efficiency I usually cook with gas.
49. I now own my Great Uncle and Aunts wedding rings. They were married in 1940 and the rings were passed to me when my Dad passed away.
50. I LOVE to buy Christmas presents for other people but it truly doesn't matter to me if I get anything in return.
51. I like to paint but I rarely take the time to sit down and do it anymore.
52. I like to cook! I cook most of the time, not because Reese can't, I just love to do it!
53. Even though I love to cook my wife bakes WAY better than I do!
54. I've always had hopes, dreams and priority's.....but it amazes me how much they have all changed in the last two years.
55. I've never been to the west coast (California, Oregon, Washington) but I hope to take a trip there in the next couple years.
56. I was only in New York City once but I loved it! I'd love to go back at Christmas time.
57. I'm a procrastinator when it comes to doing things I'm not into. I'm trying to change that but it's hard!
58. I love deep sea fishing.
59. I would love to own a Victorian style house one day, but Reese likes the Colonial style so who knows what we will end up with, maybe nether! LOL
60. I've realized that you can get twice the house here as opposed to the Salt Lake valley for the same money. I've also noticed that the pay scale here is about 25% less across the board.
61. I can't stand Sushi! Blah!
62. New baby's scare me! They just look too breakable to me!
63. I have a secret affection for 80's music! Shhh...don't tell!
64. In my humble opinion, Oprah Winfrey is the Devil!
65. I've been to the Indy 500 three time.
66. When I'm stressed I get bad headaches.
67. I'm very sentimental/nostalgic and I have a hard time getting rid of things from my childhood or things that I or my family has had for a long time. And at the same time I don't like clutter, go figure!
68. I love going to museums! The only problem is that I like to study things and Reese is a skimmer so she's usually patiently waiting for me to finish long after shes ready to leave!
69. Red Dawn is one of my all time favorite movies.
70. Two years ago I moved to Salt Lake City, Utah to work for my Nephew at his tattoo studio and to become a tattoo artist. Now I'm married, a member of the Mormon church and living back in Kentucky! Isn't it funny how some things turn out! =)
71. I like going to the zoo. My wife likes going to the zoo. We have a zoo 40 minutes from us. And yet we still have never been to the zoo since we moved here!
72. Blazing Angels 1 & 2 are the best games I have ever played for the PS3 or XBOX360! It's a WWII fighter game.
73. I can't believe I lived in Salt Lake for a year and never went to a Bee's game!
74. When I was investigating the church I once asked my wife if it was some kind of rule that all Mormon family's had to have a piano in the house since EVERY house we went to had one! LOL!
75. In my opinion the ghetto brand "Big K" Diet Cherry Cola has to be one of the best drinks in the whole world...and it's CHEAP! =)
76. I've always said that I never want to fully grow up, I just want to be responsible. Life is to short not to have fun!
77. I love guns! Especially anything that is German, Belgium or Austrian made. H&K is my favorite firearms manufacturer.
78. I've never been admitted to the Hospital or had any broken bones (unless you count my nose). I have had stitches a few times.
79. I worked for the same company for almost 12 years after high school, I was promoted to a good job and was paid well for it. Then one day out of the blue they locked the doors and went out of business after 101 years! I was devastated at the time but looking back now it has been a blessing. My life definitely wouldn't have turned out the way it has if that company would have stayed open. I never would have moved to Utah or met my wife.
80. I like buying new neckties but I'm very, very picky!
81. I love for the house to be cool. And by cool I mean Polar Bears can probably live here.
82. My favorite season is Fall.
83. If we ever lived back in Utah I'd like to learn how to snowboard. We don't get enough snow here, mostly ice.
84. I got a speeding ticket the second week I was in Utah. 47 in a 40!!! They must not like people from Indiana.
85. I DO NOT like dealing with insurance company's! It always seems to turn into such a hassle!
86. I love American history. I'll read pretty much anything about it.
87. I've always wanted to go to Salem, Massachusetts for Halloween! Lot's of fun stuff to do then! See here: http://www.hauntedhappenings.org/
88. My car is paid for and has 142,000 miles on it. I'm determined to get at least 250,000 out of it!
89. The smell of mustard makes me gag!
90. I have a VERY hard time of forgiving people. If someone does something bad that affects me, my family or my friends it's just hard for me to let it go. But I'm working on that.
91. I'm a member of a private, invitation only, vintage sports card and memorabilia group & message board that boasts several members with million dollar+ collections. My wife lovingly refers to it as "The Geek Site"! LOL =)
92. The Emerald is my favorite gemstone.
93. I miss 2am Betos runs!
94. I'm very happy with my life right now and I can only see things getting better!
95. Growing up I had the absolute best parents anyone could ever ask for! And at the same time I see lots of little things that I will do differently with my own kids!
96. When it comes to church I can not tell you how much I prefer going to a ward over a branch! And with that being said, there are a lot of really great people that go to our branch!
97. Spicy Chicken flavored Ramen Noodles and Hot Sauce has to be the best cheap lunch on the planet! =)
98. My family and friends will always be my greatest assets!
99. I love to watch cheesy 1950's-60's Sci-Fi movies.
100. I love my hot wifey more and more each day!
Jul 21, 2008
I gained 4.8 pounds in 10 days. That's a gain of almost 1/2 a pound a day. That's disgusting.
It's gotta stop and it is going to. I left for vacation with high expectations of eating well with occasional desserts and exercising every day. What I actually did was eat horribly, in fact most of the food I ingested was of the dessert type, and I never exercised at all. I did walk down the beach once but it was a very slow walk, so it doesn't really count.
I jumped back on the weight loss band wagon yesterday and I feel so much better. I don't know why it is so hard for me to remember how crappy I feel when I am not being healthy and how good I feel when I am being healthy but it is.
I am so glad that we do not on a regular basis buy any type of junk for the house. It is very difficult for me to have self-control if it is right there. I found myself eating way too many times to mention just because there was food in front of me. Yuck. I think it's important to know your limitations and what you can handle. Instead of saying, "I should have self-control when there is a box of cookies in the house," I recognize that I don't have that self-control, I will devour the entire thing along with a gallon of milk, so I do not bring it into my house. :) I have to be realistic about what I can do right now, not how I wish I was. Work with what you've got!
Good luck to any who are joining me on losing weight! Make good choices and when you don't, MOVE ON!
Jul 19, 2008
post and pictures to come soon. probably tomorrow. or whenever I get out of my post-vacation funk/depression and can look at the pictures without crying. it really was that amazing.
Jul 12, 2008
Jul 8, 2008
Jul 7, 2008
Jul 6, 2008
I was complaining to my sweet hubby that I get so frustrated. I feel like I have worked so hard and then I realized that in 3 months I have only lost 11 pounds. But, if I'm really honest with myself, I very seldom give 100 percent to my weight loss efforts. I have also noticed a trend. If I don't exercise, I seem to relax on my eating habits. So, the new goal is to do my workout in the morning (good morning, 5 am) and be more honest in my efforts. Hopefully that will keep me on track during the day. I do just fine during the day because I am at work, but when I get home I just want to snack all night.
Tomorrow morning is the day of truth. WEIGH IN.
Peace out my homies.
Jul 4, 2008
Jul 2, 2008
WE ARE NOW IN THE SINGLE DIGITS. . .
This is what I will be doing for one blissful, relaxing week.
I know, I would be jealous if I were you too. ; )