Aug 15, 2008

HERE I GO AGAIN!

I've made a new goal. I am going to run the Medical Center 10k Classic on October 25. It's in Bowling Green, Kentucky and it should be fun! Unfortunately, even though I ran a 5k in March. . . well, that's the problem, it was in MARCH. Booo. I injured myself shortly thereafter and then let my lazy butt sit on the couch for far too long. I can't run worth a darn (what is a darn worth anyway?) Now, I'm back on it! I found a program called C210k (couch to 10k.) It's online here. He says he can get you ready to run a 10k in 10 weeks and that is exactly how long I have! I started today and I am pumped. I love having a solid goal and timeline. It keeps me much more focused. It also helps me to keep my eating on target when I am working out so this will be an all around good thing! Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Mandi said...

This program is really cool, and quite smart as well. The concept is called surge training and is actually really effective for both endurance and weight loss. I am glad you linked to this because once I have this baby I have been wanting to start running using the surge training model, but until now I hadn't found a specific plan that was laid out with increasing goals for more than a week or two, so thanks! Good luck!

Brennie said...

Good for you Cherise...you CAN do it. I am so proud of you. :) Hey I started going back to the gym...still pretty sporadic, but I am trying.

Reesa said...

Mandi - Glad I can help, good luck when you get started!

Brennie - Thank you! I'm proud of you too!