Mar 5, 2009

OH HAPPINESS! and frustration

HAPPINESS:
I just talked to my little baby sister! She is finally home from serving an 18 month mission in Peru for our church! I am so proud of her and can't wait to see her in a few weeks. I love you sister!

***Warning, post full of complaining headed your way.***

FRUSTRATION:
I went to work Tuesday night for the first time in 10 days. I couldn't sleep Tuesday during the day. I tried but it consisted of me laying there and then annoying Pauly as I made jokes and giggled and tickled him. I wasn't tired but he was definitely ready to sleep. Then of course I was so tired that night at work that I was worried I would fall asleep standing up and the newspaper headline would say something about me being found curled up in the fetal position in a vat of plastic. So I was up for 26 hours straight, slept 8, up for 17, was so tired I could barely keep my eyes open, laid down and woke up 4 hours later!! I was tired, oh so tired, but unable to sleep. I'm not sure if it was the anticipation of knowing I would talk to my sister soon or if my body just hates me. So here I am getting ready to work another 12 hour night shift. But wait, I've been up since 2:30. . . that means it will be close to 20 hours before I can sleep again. Oh the joy.

My body hates me.

However, I am extremely grateful to have a job and this is just a minor blip on the radar screen of life.

My sister is home! Yay!!!

1 comment:

Brennie said...

Yay for your sister being home. So sad about the sleep issue. I wish I could tell you some amazing advice on how to sleep when your shift is over....but we all know I am NOT the one who has a solution for people not sleeping.