Apr 26, 2008

INDULGE ME

I am really missing my sister Jess.
Isn't she gorgeous?! Yeah, that's what I thought.

She is on her mission in Peru.


Which, in case you didn't know, is not ANYWHERE near Kentucky.

So, please indulge me as I reminisce.

The first picture was when we first moved into our house in Sugarville. She was the cutest baby ever. She had these great big green eyes and she was always so tiny and petite. My dad used to call her 'tweezer bum' because she was so little you could pinch her bum with a pair of tweezers! Did I mention that I have a very handsome, BLOND brother. I was always so jealous of his blond hair.

The second was in California visiting our great-grandparents. I carried Jess around like she was my baby until she was 7! I loved playing mommy to her. Don't get me wrong, though, we had our moments. I can remember that when she made me mad, I would tell her that I was divorcing her and she couldn't be my sister anymore!

The third is swinging on the rope at our Auntee Sue's house in Washington.

The fourth was at our house in Sugarville. We were petting our dog Chevy Chase. (He chased a rabbit one day and never came home.)


The first picture is of us at our power tumbling meet. That's right, folks, I was a power tumbler. Hard to believe, but it's true.

The second picture is our new Christmas dresses. My granny dork always bought us Christmas dresses and it was so fun to go shopping to try them on and pick them out!

This was just 2 or 3 years ago. She adores me, what can I say?!


This was my wedding day. I was so excited to have her as my maid of honor.


This was when I flew home to see her right before she left. We're probably the cutest girls ever!
Well, thanks for walking down memory lane with me. I have to go buy a new box of tissue because I just used my last one.

1 comment:

Casie said...

Hey Reesa! I have checked your blog every now and then by way of Callie's and I saw this post of my little Mini-Me and I began to miss her too. I haven't seen her in like forever it seems, but I was glad you put some pictures up of her on her mission. Those were so fun to see how happy she is right now. By the way, this is Casie (Black) from Delta. Jess and I were on drill team together and roommates in college. Did you know that one of our roommates went to Peru on her mission too? It must be the coolest place to go! Good job on the post!