Apr 19, 2008

NEW ATTITUDE

I have recently revamped my life. I realized that even with my progress in running, I was not losing any weight. NONE. Want to know why? Because I had the attitude that I could eat whatever I wanted because I'm a runner now. Oh, brother can we say "way to shoot yourself in the foot?" All together now! The reason I originally started trying to run was to lose weight, but somewhere along the way I lost sight of everything else I needed to do. So there I was, chubby and jogging. Let me tell ya'll, it's not as fun as it sounds. I don't recommend it, unless you are going to combine it with, oh, I don't know, calorie reduction and healthy eating. :) So, I have reassessed my life, made some new goals, found a wonderful website to help (sparkpeople.com, it's free and AMAZING!) and I have lost 5 pounds since April 4! Yay, 5 pounds in 2 weeks! I'm on a roll and I'm not stopping!
My next 5k is May 10. That weekend, Owensboro hosts it's famous Barbequefest! So, I'm going to run, and then eat Burgoo. I have no idea how to spell that or even what it is, but I hear it's amazing. I'll let ya'll know. Luvs to all!

1 comment:

caitlin said...

Bonnie and I do Spark People too! It is so great to help manage your diet. Yay, for losing weight, good for you girl.