Apr 19, 2008

THE HONEYMOON IS OVER! : )

Pauly is a snorer. A very loud snorer. He sounds like a dirt bike or a lawnmower, and occasionally he sounds like a ton of dynamite exploding. He snores whether he lies on his back, stomach, or side. Occasionally, he does that old man snore where his cheeks actually jiggle and then he sucks in air so fast and hard that he wakes himself up. It's pretty funny when I'm not actually trying to sleep!
I knew he snored before we got married, so I was prepared. I sleep in earplugs and have since the day we got married! It doesn't bother me and I think I sleep better than I used to since I don't hear much. I guess I'm trying to store up that sleep for when the little ones keep me up all night (that was not a pregnancy announcement, I repeat, that was NOT a pregnancy announcement.)
Pauly always starts the night on his back and I sleep on my side with my back to him. This started because it turned my ears even further away from him, because believe it or not, he snores so loud I can still hear him through my earplugs, but much more quietly. Well, on occasion he rolls onto his side so he is facing me and it always wakes me up because then his snoring self is right next my right ear. Which apparently is my amazingly sensitive ear that can detect this change in snore waves. I used to sweetly shake him and say, "baby, baby, you need to turn on your back, your snoring in my ear." He'd say, "sorry baby" and roll back over. Sometimes this happens a couple of times a night and others not at all. Then it became, shake shake, "Paul you need to move" and he would. Now it has progressed to my hand cupping his face and shoving him over. No sweet words, just a quick shove to the face. Isn't married life grand?! I love you Pauly, you crazy snoring monkey!

No comments: