May 27, 2008

What an AWESOME Memorial Day weekend!!!

Saturday Reese and I just hung out around the house most of the day and then went over to my sisters later in the afternoon to hang out by the pool, and we ended up having pizza with them. I just so happened to check and see if there were any baseball games on and I was ecstatic to see that my beloved Pittsburgh Pirates were playing the Chicago Cubs and it was coming on the tube in 30 minutes!!!! So I settled in for some Pirates baseball while Reese & Lorrie went shopping. It was an awesome game that lasted 14 innings with the Pirates finally coming out on top 5-4! Sunday we went to church and then back to my sisters to catch the Sunday Pirates/Cubs game. Well, actually only I watched the game while everyone else hung out by the pool! LOL It was another close game but the Pirates finally pulled off the win in the 11th inning! On Memorial Day (Monday) my family all got together for a BBQ! I was the master chef, grilling enough food for a small Army and everyone brought lots of great stuff to eat! Reese made some killer Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Brownies that were to DIE FOR!!!! Mmmm...sooooooo GOOD! (Thanks to Caity for the recipe!)

All in all if was a fantastic Memorial Day weekend! I got to spend lots of time with my wifey and my family which was awesome and I caught 25 innings of Pirates baseball! Life is swell! I hope everyone had a great holiday as well!

Later!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like the perfect Memorial Day! It rained like crazy here, you'd think it was the end of March or something! How rude. I'm jealous you got to sit by the pool (or watch baseball)! We miss you guys tons... Utah says it's okay if you come back now!

caitlin said...

Oh good, I am glad they worked out for you guys. I swear I could eat 12 by myself. Sounds like you had an awesome holiday weekend.

Pauly said...

Bonnie, We miss you guys too! Most days we can't wait to get out of Kentucky and then some days we feel like we can never leave (because of family). Sorry to hear you had such a rainy holiday!

Caity, YES! The brownies were Divine! Reese just made another batch tonight to end out fast! There AWESOME!