Jun 15, 2008

I'D LOST MY MOJO; BUT I THINK I'VE FOUND IT!

So here's the deal.

Since April I have been working to lose weight. Okay, okay that's not true. During April and part of May I worked hard to lose weight. Then I injured my hip/groin area (probably one of the sexiest injuries to have) and I had to stop working out while I let it heal. Unfortunately for me, I seem to be an all or nothing kind of girl, so I slacked on my eating also. Then I went to Young Women's Camp where they fed us 3 delicious meals plus lots of snacks, daily (think biscuits and gravy, pulled pork sandwiches, Parmesan chicken, and brownies; I was in heaven!) So I gained 4 pounds. The really sad part of that story - before the 4 pounds of butter joined my hips and stomach, I was only
.4
pounds away from a 10 pound loss! (Which would have been an 18 pound loss since I was last in Utah!) Needless to say I became very discouraged. I have lost 2 of the 4 pounds so that's good, but I am still really struggling. So, now for my idea. I am going to go out on a limb here and use this blog to motivate myself to kick my own butt into gear. I know what I should be doing and now I will have some extra accountability.
I AM GOING TO BLOG ABOUT MY WEIGHT LOSS. I AM GOING TO EMBARRASS MYSELF BY POSTING MY ACTUAL WEIGHT. I AM GOING TO POST WEEKLY EATING AND EXERCISE GOALS AND THEN I AM GOING TO BE HONEST ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT I MET THEM.

I know, extreme, but I'm hoping it works. So, if any of you other ladies want to join me, feel free. Please leave comments and let me know if you are doing the same thing on your blog. Don't worry, you don't have to share you actual weight, just I do!

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Brennie said...

I don't go on these blogs near enough. I am excited that you have such a strong desire to loose weight. Some day I will get motivated. I'm proud of you! And I miss you. We haven't talked in WAY to long of a time.

Reesa said...

Thanks Brennie! I miss you too!