Jun 29, 2009

MY SISTER

When did we go from this. . .






to this???


My sister is now a married woman!


We had so much fun at her wedding and receptions!




I was lucky enough to be able to do
her hair and makeup and
it was fun!



I don't know when it happened,
but somewhere along the way she changed from a
silly little sister into a
beautiful woman
who I am honored to say is one of my best friends.

She is one of my heroes.

She is funny and sweet and beautiful
and most importantly
she is my sister!



Even though she is younger than me, over the last few years she has amazed me with the person she has become and I now look up to her. I am in awe of the depth of her spiritual strength and the truly Christ-like love she is constantly striving to share.

I have always felt very protective of her and am happy to say she has married a man who is stepping in as her protector and best friend. Since we now live 1600 miles apart, it is wonderful to know that she is being taken care of in ways beyond what I, as her big sister, ever can.


Thank you, Kyle, for being her love.


Thank you, Jess, for being my sister.

I cherish all the memories we have made.
I remember when you were little
and how much I loved to carry you around
because you were my baby.

I love that we shared a bedroom for most of our childhood
and all the silly games we played.

I loved spending the weekend with you and all your crazy roommates.

Thank you for being you.

Thank you for being my sister.

I love you!

4 comments:

Shana said...

i really like your sister's dress!

caitlin said...

Wow, you and your sister look amazing!

The Jackson Three said...

SIster....you are THE AMAZING ONE! I love you! I love how much you love me and care for me. When I update my blog, you are definately getting a post! I Miss you and Can't wait to see you in OCTOBER! YOU ARE MY HERO and I thank God for you always! Please know i love you and i'm grateful for what i can be for you.
I need a tissue...

Utah Youngs said...

hey, i just found your blog from Jessie's blog-isn't it crazy how we have all gone from silly little kids to married women!! I think is great how close you and Jess have always been! come check out our blog at www.utahyoungs.blogspot.com

april